Repeat supplies of medicine
All repeat prescriptions are computerised. Patients who are given a repeat medication can request a repeat either by:-
- Telephoning the surgery on 01388 811455 (The lines can be very busy – to avoid delay we suggest handing in your repeat request form, or signing up to the Chemist’s repeat medication service.)
Please enquire at Reception for further information
- Hand in the prescription request sheet to reception
- Contact the pharmacy that dispenses their medication, who can then request and collect the prescription from the Practice.
Online (see below)
Always allow 48 hours for the prescription to be processed.
Online Repeat Prescription Ordering
You can register with the practice to start ordering your repeat prescription online at your home/work computer. If you have already registered with the practice for this facility please click on the image below:
Electronic Prescription Services
The electronic prescription service is an NHS service. It gives you the chance to change how your GP sends your prescription to the place you choose to get your medicines or appliances from. You need to choose a place for your GP to send your electronic prescription to. This is called nomination. Please speak to your pharmacy or our reception for more information.
You can go to our Electronic Prescription Services page for more information.
There are four Pharmacies in Spennymoor all within easy reach of the health centre. Services provided include:
- The dispensing of both NHS and private prescriptions
- Ostomy and incontinence supplies
- Surgical hosiery and trusses
All of the Pharmacies will order and collect your prescriptions from the surgery and have them ready for you to collect. For details of other services available please contact the pharmacies directly.
Hospital Test Results and Follow up of Outpatient Visits
Patients are responsible for collecting test results following an Outpatient appointment. This can be done by telephoning the surgery as directed in the “Repeat Prescription” information above.