Bishops Close Medical Practice
We have produced this website to provide you with information about the way the Practice is organised and the services that are provided directly by Practice Staff, or by other members of the Primary Health Care Team. Services will, by necessity, change from time to time, please do not hesitate to telephone the Practice to check the current position.
Northern Cancer Alliance - Help Us to Help You
Notice to Patients
In keeping with recent guidance the Practice has now moved to full telephone triage. All requests for appointments or visits will be dealt with by a doctor or nurse, by telephone.
This limited service is vital to reduce the number of patients in the surgery at any one time.
- You may be asked to wait outside the building for a phone call.
- If you have an appointment, please find a seat and wait to be called. Do not check in at the reception desk or try to use the check-in screen
- In the waiting area, Please sit at least two metres (six feet) apart.
- If you have been asked to come to the reception desk, stand at least 2 metres (six feet) apart from the next person in the queue.
- At the Reception desk please stand well back from the counter.
All enquiries may be dealt with by telephone or via the e-consult facility on this website.
Please DO NOT ATTEND THE SURGERY unless the practice has asked you to do so.
Thank you for your cooperation and support for the practice at this difficult time.
Advice for Parents During COVID-19Please download this leaflet, Advice for Parents During COVID-19 providing important information and advice for Parents.
Connect veterans and their families with a range of local support organisations – both within and outside the Armed Forces sector. The services have been grouped into categories such as Education and Training, Employment, Finances etc. Please navigate to our Veterans Gateway Page for more information.
Practice Privacy Notice
Bishops Close Medical Practice has a legal duty to explain how we use any personal information we collect about you, as a registered patient at the Practice. Employees at this Practice maintain records about your health and the treatment you receive in electronic and paper format. Please go to our GDPR Page for more information.
The Practice will:-
- Ensure that all patients and visitors are treated with dignity and respect
- Promote equality of opportunity between men and women
- Not tolerate any discrimination against, or harassment of, any patient or visitor for reason of:
- Marital Status
- Medical Condition
- Social Class
- Sexual Orientation or Appearance or Religion or Belief