Bishops Close Medical Practice
We have produced this website to provide you with information about the way the Practice is organised and the services that are provided directly by Practice Staff, or by other members of the Primary Health Care Team. Services will, by necessity, change from time to time, please do not hesitate to telephone the Practice to check the current position.
IF YOU HAVE A LEARNING DISABILITY PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO GO TO OUR COVID-19 PAGE WHERE YOU CAN VIEW A SHORT VIDEO EXPLANING THE VACCINE: COVID-19
FlU SEASON UPDATE....
Please be advised that the practice will be contacting patients eligible for a free flu vaccination in the coming weeks via SMS text message or letter.
Patients in the 50-64 age bracket who would not usually qualify for a free flu vaccination should be aware that this group will not be vaccinated until November & December, providing there is sufficient vaccine & no appointments will be offered until then. This is to ensure that those who are at most risk are vaccinated first. If you are 50-64 and you are in one of the other groups which is eligible for the flu vaccination, for example you have a health condition which puts you at risk from the flu, you will be invited earlier. Please also note that GPs are not able to vaccinate this age group until the clinically at risk have been done. Your continued co-operation is appreciated.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ATTENDING FLU APPOINTMENTS
To ensure the smooth running of flu clinics and to ensure the safety of both patients & staff, those who are given an appointment are requested to comply with the following:
- Do not attend if you or a household member develop any symptoms of COVID 19 ie high temperature, new continuous cough, loss of taste or smell.
- Wear a face covering.
- Come alone where possible.
- Attend your appointment promptly & remove your coat & roll up your sleeve in preparation for the vaccine.
Northern Cancer Alliance - Help Us to Help You
Notice to Patients
In keeping with recent guidance the Practice has now moved to full telephone triage. All requests for appointments or visits will be dealt with by a doctor or nurse, by telephone.
This limited service is vital to reduce the number of patients in the surgery at any one time.
- You may be asked to wait outside the building for a phone call.
- If you have an appointment, please find a seat and wait to be called. Do not check in at the reception desk or try to use the check-in screen
- In the waiting area, Please sit at least two metres (six feet) apart.
- If you have been asked to come to the reception desk, stand at least 2 metres (six feet) apart from the next person in the queue.
- At the Reception desk please stand well back from the counter.
All enquiries may be dealt with by telephone or via the e-consult facility on this website.
Please DO NOT ATTEND THE SURGERY unless the practice has asked you to do so.
Thank you for your cooperation and support for the practice at this difficult time.
Advice for Parents During COVID-19Please download this leaflet, Advice for Parents During COVID-19 providing important information and advice for Parents.
Connect veterans and their families with a range of local support organisations – both within and outside the Armed Forces sector. The services have been grouped into categories such as Education and Training, Employment, Finances etc. Please navigate to our Veterans Gateway Page for more information.
Practice Privacy Notice
Bishops Close Medical Practice has a legal duty to explain how we use any personal information we collect about you, as a registered patient at the Practice. Employees at this Practice maintain records about your health and the treatment you receive in electronic and paper format. Please go to our GDPR Page for more information.
The Practice will:-
- Ensure that all patients and visitors are treated with dignity and respect
- Promote equality of opportunity between men and women
- Not tolerate any discrimination against, or harassment of, any patient or visitor for reason of:
- Marital Status
- Medical Condition
- Social Class
- Sexual Orientation or Appearance or Religion or Belief